Support Launch of UNICEF's State of the World’s Children 2013: Children with Disabilities
May 28, 2013
On May 30th UNICEF is launching its flagship publication State of the World’s Children (SOWC) this year dedicated to Children with Disabilities. With this report, UNICEF hopes to add a strong voice and increased visibility to the global, necessary and increasingly urgent debate about disability rights, especially those of children. State of the World’s Children 2013: Children with Disabilities focuses on the position of children with disabilities in a varying worldwide landscape. The publication will be available at www.unicef.org/sowc
As the day of the launch is approaching we are looking for your support to promote this publication before and after the launch.
There are several ways to support the report:
- Write commentary about the report and its issues to share with your stakeholders
- Post a link to the report and its summary on your web site
- Mention the report in your newsletters, member update or other communications
- Engage in social media work around the launch, using the hashtag #thisability
- Arrange events or participate in already planned events
The Global launch of the report will take place in Vietnam. The panel discussion named “Society for All: Overcoming Barriers to Exclusion” will be held in UNICEF House in New York. For more information see the attached flier.
Please find enclosed the one pager on the report and SOWC banner that could be used in your messages.
Thank you for the partnership and support!