Raise your voice: Say YES To INCLUSION!
February 12, 2013
Source: End Exclusion
Meet Daya, a blind girl from South Sudan. For her, going to school means having a future. In many parts of the world, people with disabilities have far less access to education or employment than other people in the community. Let’s change the trend!
In September 2013, heads of states will come together at the United Nations to discuss how development can be made inclusive of persons with disabilities. With the SAY YES TO INCLUSION campaign, we want to show them that the world is watching!
1. Find out how to say YES in your local sign language. Or use the international one: http://www.sematos.eu/isl-p-yes-1242-en.html
2. Get your friends together
3. Take a photo/video of you all making the YES sign
4. Send your photo/video to email@example.com, or by sending us a link (to Facebook, Youtube, etc) with this information: Name/Organisation, City/Place, Country
5. Share the message!
What else can you do?
- Add your Name to the campaign on www.endexclusion.eu/jointheaction
- Send a tweet with your message about inclusion and the Hashtag #Yestoinclusion
- Invite people in your surroundings to say YES as well
What will we do with the pictures/videos?
The photos/videos will be published on our website www.endexclusion.eu to inspire others to make their own YES! The YESs we receive until June 2013 will be put together in one spot to be shown at the UN!